Worldwide collaboration between Duchenne Parent organizations in order to improve treatment, quality of life and long-term outlook for all individuals affected by Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD and BMD).
The organization will in particular devote itself to the realization of this task by way of the following goals:
- Promote research activities;
- Provide information to parents and clinicians on ongoing research, drug development, standards of care, patient advocacy; WDO reaches out to countries where limited information about Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy is available, and facilitates the exchange of information about fundraising and lobbying activities among member organizations.
Articles of association
WDO is a not-for-profit organization under Dutch law. Please find articles of association here.
WDO income is the result of fundraising activities and membership fees. We are not sponsored by industry. Please find annual income statements here:
– Annual income statement 2014
– Annual income statement 2015
– Annual income statement 2016
– Annual income statement 2017
WDO is a member of Eurordis, and an eligible member of the European Medicines Agency.